Things that are poisonous to your Bulldog

Many people are unaware that there are a lot of everyday things in
your home that are actually very hazardous to your bulldogs health.
Many things from house cleaning supplies to foods you eat can
actually be toxic to your bully friend, so when dealing with these
products be sure to take precautions to keep your bulldog safe.

Foods that are poisonous

Grapes & Raisins
- As little as 4-5 grapes can be toxic for a dog.
Grapes and raisins can cause irreversible damage to the kidneys.

Onions- can cause a form of hemolytic anemia, a condition that
causes the destruction of red blood cells.

Chocolate- There are different kinds of chocolate and they are all
toxic some more toxic than others. Pure baking chocolate is the
most toxic form of chocolate. Chocolate contains a chemical that
can affect the heart, lungs, kidney, and central nervous system.
Caffeine- Caffeine is a lot like the chemical in chocolate it to can cause damage to the
heart, lungs, kidneys, and central nervous system.

Macadamia Nuts- These are not fatal to your bulldog friend but they can cause your dog
to become very ill.

Xylitol- A sugar free sweetener can cause low blood sugar as well as liver damage.

Alcohol-  Alcoholic beverages contains ethanol a toxic chemical compound that can cause
central nervous system and respiratory depression.

Fruit Pits- Many fruits have seeds and pits some of which contain cyanide. The following
are some seeds and pits that are harmful to you puppy. Apple seeds, cherry pits, peach
pits, plum pits. Some of the signs cyanide poisoning is vomiting, heavy breathing, skin

Also though not toxic a couple of things that can be unhealthy for your bulldog are corn
cobs, and bones these can get caught in the gastrointestinal and can cause an obstruction.

Chemicals that are poisonous
There are many chemicals around the house that you may not realize could harm your
puppy if he got in to them.  The following is a list of chemicals that can be found around the
house that you will want to keep out of reach.

- Battery acid                        - Laundry detergent
- Bleach                                - Plaster
- Motor oil                             - Sidewalk salt
- Paint thinner                      - Putty
- Drain cleaner                     - Household cleaners
- Turpentine                         - Nail polish
- Fertilizer                             - Nail polish remover
- Glue                                   - Pine cleaners
- Kerosene                           - Paint brush cleaners
- Carbolic acid                      - Anti-freeze

At any point if you feel that your bulldog has ingested any of the above toxins you need to
contact your vet immediately.

Be aware that it's not just things in your house that your puppy can get into but outside as
well. Make sure that if you have flower beds that you don't leave your puppy outside
unattended. There are many plants that are poisonous to dogs that doesn't mean that you
have to dig them up. You must train them to stay away and never leave them unattended.

Some Poisonous Plants That Might Be Found In Your Yard

Plant                                        Poisonous Part
Buttercup                                                        all parts
Clematis                                                          all parts
Daffodil                                                            bulb
Delphinium                                                      seeds
Iris                                                                   all parts
Hyacinth                                                          bulb
Hydrangea                                                      all parts
Lily                                                                  all parts
Lily of the Valley                                              all parts
Lupin                                                              seeds
Peony                                                             roots
Rhubarb                                                         leaves
Tulip                                                               bulbs

Other Poisonous Things That Might Be Found In Your Home

Tylenol - It can take as little as 2 pills to harm your puppy. Dogs don't have the ability to
breakdown acetaminophen. Symptoms can be drooling, lethargy, and abdominal pain.

Moth Balls-  Contain a insecticide that case problems with the nervous system. Symptoms
of toxicity are vomiting and seizures.

Mouth Wash & Contact Lens Solution- Some mouth washes and contact lens solution as
well as other household products contain boric acid which is highly toxic to dogs. Some
symptoms of toxicity are vomiting, drooling, seizures.

If your puppy ingests any of the items above get in touch with the vet right away.